Sash Window Draught Proofing
Overhauling And Draught Proofing
We specialise in overhauling and draught proofing traditional sliding sash windows. Our draught proofing service has been designed to bring a new lease of life to windows that rattle in the wind and wobble when opened.
This service eliminates draughts and will considerably improve the energy efficiency of your home, while retaining the windows aesthetic looks and character.
Our draught proofing service is a straight forward process offering a number of benefits:-
- Virtually eliminates draughts and minimises dust ingress
- Eradicates wobbles and rattles
- Smooth movement when opening and closing windows
- Cuts heating bills and improves thermal efficiency
- Reduces outside noise levels.
Our unique system is permanently machined into the staff beads, parting beads and both sashes of the window.
Please find below a brief insight into our draught proofing procedure: -
- Windows are dismantled and old staff beads and parting beads are discarded
- Epoxy resin repairs are made to box frame and top and bottom sashes
- Bare timber is given a coat of acrylic wood primer
- Counter -balanced weights are removed and adjusted
- Pulley wheels are checked and serviced
- Both sashes are checked for alignment and corrected
- Brush pile carriers are machined into sashes and brush pile fitted
- 4 new heavy duty waxed sash cords are fitted
- Top sash is re-fitted and checked for smooth movement
- New two-part parting bead is fitted with correct weather-fin brush pile
- Bottom sash is now fitted and also checked for smooth opening movement
- New timber staff beads are fitted and correct brush pile installed
- Both beads are sealed with mastic, and nail holes to staff beads are filled
- New window furniture fitted where necessary